TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL
G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. hereby rents Vehicle (including any replacement vehicle) to Renter subject to all terms and conditions on the front page and this page and Renter in consideration there of agrees to them as the essence of the Agreement.
1. DELIVERY and RETURN
The vehicle is delivered to the Renter in good overall condition and without apparent defects and any complaints as to its condition must be made to G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. immediately on delivery. The Renter agrees to return it with all docu- ments and accessories and in the same condition to G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. at the location and on the date designated in this charge. G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. reserves the right to repossess the vehicle at any time without demand at Renters’s expense, if vehicle is used in violation of this agreement.
2. THEFT, DAMAGE etc.
In the event of theft, or loss or damage to the vehicle whilst on rental, Renter shall pay on demand the amount of all resulting loss and expenses including recovery and storage costs. In such case:
- a) Renter is responsible for theft, or loss or damage to the vehicle unless Renter’s responsibility for theft, or loss or damage to the vehicle form collision is waived by G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. if Renter accepts Theft Protection and/or Loss Damage Waive (as applicable) at time or rental by initialing the «Accepts» box on the front of this Rental Agreement, provided always that the vehicle is used in compliance with the Rental Agreement terms.
- b) If Renter has complied with all terms and conditions of this agreement but not otherwise, Renter’s responsibility for direct and accidental loss or rental by initialing in the «Accept» box on the reverse side of this page. If Renter does not accept CDW, his responsibility remains. In any case there will be a minimum charge (deduct able) according to the current G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. when Renter accepts Collision Damage Waiver at time of rental by initialing in the «Accept» box on the reverse side of this page. If Renter does not accept CDW, his responsibility remains. In any case there will be a minimum charge (deduct able) according to the current G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. tariff.
- c) Renter is responsible for any further damages not covered by the Insurance Policy of G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. unless Renter has accepted the Liability Insurance Supplement coverage.
Renter shall pay G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. on demand at termination of the rental unless agreed otherwise the sum of:
- a) All time and mileage charges computed at the rates shown on the front page of this agreement.
- b) Any charges for refueling, Theft Protection, Loss Damage Waiver, Personal accident insurance, Supplementary Insurance and/or any other standard miscellaneous charges applicable at the rates shown in this agreement or in the current tariff.
- c) Any State taxes and service fees on the rental.
- d) G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. costs including attorney’ s fees, delayed interest incurred in collecting payments due from Renter under this agreement.
- e) Fines, Penalties, Forfeitures, Court costs and other expenses, if assessed against G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. under compulsion of law with respect of use of Vehicle before its proper return to G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. unless due to fault of G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A., but this shall not relive Renter or authorized driver for their own unlawful conduct.
- f) Any amount for replacement of destroyed tyres, repairing mechanical damages and tear on the body of the vehicle.
- g) Granted discounts will be recalled, if settlement of account is not made within the set limits.
- h) All charges are subject to final audit.
- i) For car bookings in locations other than Thessaloniki, and for specific car models in Thessaloniki, a 10% deposit via credit/debit card is required. This amount is not refundable in case of cancelation.
4. CONDITIONS OF USE
The Renter is expected to look after the vehicle carefully, to check its mechanical condition, oil, water, tyres, etc. Any repair of the Vehicle by Renter himself or any other party designated by Renter is not allowed without Lessor’s prior consent. In Particular, Vehicle must not be used:
- a) to carry persons or property for hire;
- b) to propel or to tow any vehicle, trailer or other object;
- c) in race, test or contest of following a Rally;
- d) for subleasing by Renter to any third party;
- e) while Renter or any other aythorised driver of the Vehicle is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, barbiturates, or any other substance impairing his consciousness or ability to react;
- f) in contravention of any customs, traffic or other regulations;
- g) by any person other than Renter unless such person has been previously designated and authorized by G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. in the space provided on the front page of this agreement;
- h) to transfer or carry heavy luggage or objects, inflammable materials, staining or badly smelling goods, narcotics etc;
- i) outside Greece without the advance authorization of G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. in writing.
- k) An advance written authorization from G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. Greece is required to ferry the car.
5. EXTENSION OF RENTAL PERIOD
If Renter wishes to prolong the rental period of the Vehicle, he has to contact G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. within 48 hours before the initial expiration time of the rental to obtain permission for the additional rental period. Failing to do so will make Renter liable civilly and penally for illegal use and possession of the Vehicle. In case of extension Renter shall be bound by the terms and conditions agreed by G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. or in respect of any replacement Vehicle rented in lieu «of the Vehicle».
G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. is only responsible for loss or damage suffered by Renter of Third Parties, in connection with the rent- ling or use of the rented car, where such loss or damage was caused intentionally or through gross negligence on its part.
In all other cases, G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A cannot accept any such Liability and Renter shall hold G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. harmless against any such claims.
In case of an accident or any other incident (fire, theft etc), Renter is responsible immediately to follow the insurance procedures as set out below:
- a) Call the police
- b) Obtain names and addresses of eye witnesses
- c) Do not acknowledge third party claims
- d) Contact G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. immediately by phone or other means
- e) Obtain all relevant information from the third party or parties
- f) Complete and sign an accident report
- g) Send any other document or information relative to the accident to G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A.
- a) G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. provides insurance coverage for persons using vehicle with its permission (and not otherwise) in accordance with an automobile third party liability insurance policy, which is available for inspection.
- b) Renter, additional authorized drivers and passengers are not covered by personal accident insurance unless Renter accepts Personal Accident Insurance at the time, after having agreed to the terms stated, in the current G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. tariff.
- c) Luggage insurance is not available and Renter is responsible for any loss or damage of property belonging to the passenger.
- d) Damaged tyres are not covered by any Insurance.
- e) CDW coverage does not cover damage to the underneath to the vehicle if this vehicle was driven off either paved or non asphalted roads.
9. PERSONAL DATA
Renter consents to the computer storage of this personal data. G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. is authorized to pass on such data in those cases where any statement made by Renter at time of rental is incorrect or where Renter violates this agreement.
- a) Vehicle is the property of G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. This is an agreement of rental only. Renter is not Lessor’s agent or any purpose. Renter acknowledges that he acquires no rights other than stated in this agreement.
- b) All additional authorized drivers are jointly and severally liable with the Renter under this agreement.
- c) Likewise, in case that this agreement is signed by any representative of the Renter hi would be jointly and severally responsible with the Renter.
- d) This Agreement supercedes any other written or verbal Agreement between G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A and Renter.
- e) G. VLACHOPOULOS S.A. cannot waive any of its rights deriving form the law and this agreement.
Any and all disputes which may arise between Lessor and Renter will be settled before the Competent of courts of Thessaloniki.
12. WHAT ARE THE PREREQUESITES FOR ME TO RENT A CAR?
In order to rent a car you have to own a Greek or European driving license for at least 2 years and to be over 23 years of age.